Re:NewCell, Reg. No. 556885-6206, Cardellgatan 1, 114 36 Stockholm, Sweden (“[Re:NewCell]” or “we”) is a multi-award-winning textile recycling company based in Sweden. The company’s vision is to lead the way to a sustainable world by producing high quality products from recycled textiles.
Please note that our website may contain links to websites provided by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and Re:NewCell is not responsible for their business or their information policies. We recommend users who submit information to or through these third-party websites to review the privacy policies on these websites before submitting any personal data to them.
What personal data do we collect and where from?
The types of personal data that we collect may, depending on the context, include:
- name and contact information, such as including address, mobile number and e-mail address;
- personal identity number;
- job applications, including cover letters, resumé, and photos (as applicable);
- user name and password to our career portal.
- delivery and billing information, payment information and other information that you provide in connection with the purchase or delivery of a product or service;
- other information that is relevant for marketing emails, such as advertisement/marketing and/or offers;
- depersonalized data such as browser, device, previous page visits, IP address.
- personal data related to business and press inquiries, such as name and contact information.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- when you contact us by e-mail or phone;
- Use or view Re:NewCell’s website via your browser’s cookies.
- From Re:NewCell’s website; when you voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter, press releases, financial reports and/or submit a job application.
- by way of agreement, invoice or other business contact or business inquiries, if you are a customer [or a contact person for any of our business partners], or by way of press inquiries.
Why do we process your personal data?
Re:NewCell may use your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: For the handling and administration of purchases, deliveries of products and performances of services, to make payments, for recruitment processes, and to provide customer support.
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- We save invoice documentation and recruitment documentation in accordance with applicable accounting laws and regulations.
- Legitimate interests
Communication: In order for us to be able to communicate with you by e-mail (or other communication tools), and to handle any business transaction made by a business contact on behalf of a company, or any press inquiries, we process the contact person’s personal data.
- Website development: In order for us to optimise our website development, we might need to process parts of your data, to better suit the users’ needs.
- To provide you with marketing emails (about news, products and services of ours that we think you might be interested in), newsletters, financial letters and press releases to which you have subscribed.
Retention of personal data
Re:NewCell takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed and stored securely. Your personal data will never be stored longer than permitted by applicable law or longer than necessary to fulfil the above stated purposes. Your personal data will be processed by us during the following time periods, after which they will be deleted:
- Contact person for a company: Your personal data are saved for as long as you are an appointed contact person for a company doing business with Re:NewCell.
- Customer: If you are a registered customer with Re:NewCell, your personal data will be saved until you have chosen to deregister, or for no longer than 5 years after your last purchase, unless we must save your personal data for any reason listed below.
- Member: If you have subscribed to receive our marketing emails, newsletter, financial reports and/or press releases, your personal data will be saved until you have chosen to deregister.
- Performance of a contract: Personal data (name, personal identity number, address, telephone number, e-mail, billing and delivery information) which is submitted to Re:NewCell in connection with the order of products or services are stored for as long as necessary in order for Re:NewCell’s performance of the agreement with you. This includes, inter alia, fulfilling delivery or warranty commitments.
- Communication: If you are in contact with Re:NewCell by, for example, e-mail your personal data are saved for as long as it is necessary for us to answer your question and complete any follow-up inquiries.
- Job applicants: Re:NewCell saves your application documentation, including your resumé, cover letter and photo, as applicable, during the recruitment process and for a following period of two years, in order for us to process your application and defend potential legal claims.
- Legal obligation: Re:NewCell saves any documentation that constitutes accounting information in accordance with applicable accounting legislation.
- Consent: In the event that we process your personal data based on your consent, we only save your personal data for as long as we still have your consent.
Transfer of personal data
- Business transactions: If all or part of Re:NewCell’s operations is sold or integrated with any other business, operation or company, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, potential buyers and their advisors, and be transferred to the new owners of the operation.
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed for the purpose of Re:NewCell’s compliance with certain legal obligations and it may be transferred to the Police and other relevant public authorities when permitted and required by law.
Withdrawal of consent
In the event that we process your personal data based on your consent, it is important that you are aware of your right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us on the contact details provided below. Such withdrawal may be made in whole or in part. If you do not wish to receive newsletters, financial reports, press releases and/or marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by following the link in our e-mails. [Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use parts or all of our services.]
You have the right to request information about what personal data concerning you that we are processing and how it is being used by contacting us in writing (see contact details below). You also have the right to request correction of incorrect, incomplete or ambiguous personal data concerning you by contacting us. For the protection of your privacy and your personal data, we may require that you identify yourself in connection with our assistance.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you also have the right to request that your personal data be erased or that the processing of your personal data be restricted. In certain situations, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and request that your personal data be transmitted in an electronic format.
You may file a complaint with the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (Sw. Integritetsskydsmyndigheten) if you believe that Re:NewCell’s processing of your personal data is not carried out in accordance with applicable laws.
114 36 Stockholm